JasonPB is running an exclusive shoot with Nikon School on how to capture the art of the 80s.
The 80s is back! White blazers, fast cars and neon colours are so iconic and synonymous with popular films and TV shows that it’s no wonder the 1980s style is back with full force. Inspired by the detective shows of the period, we’ll be light painting a scene with a special technique you can use anywhere.
On this course you’ll learn how to use long exposures and a combination of lighting techniques to both manually paint your scene and give it the classic 80s look. We’ll be shooting a classic convertible sports car and a model done up to the nines in retro clothing, with genuine, authentic props and poses.
On this course we will:
- The art of long exposure photography
- Master composition and shooting angles when working with a convertible sports car
- How to light paint effectively, and use a special technique to get that classic 80s feel.
- Learn posing tips and how to communicate them effectively to our model who will be dressed in perfect retro clothing
- Take a unique approach to lighting to revamp the scene around you.
- Learn dramatic, but simple lighting techniques that will keep you coming back to this iconic look again and again, that you can practise anywhere.
Nikon DSLR/Mirrorless cameras (other camera systems welcome)
Remote shutter release (optional)
Red head torch (optional)
Viewfinder cap (optional)
Understanding of shutter speed, aperture and ISO
Have any questions about the course? Get in touch with JasonPB here
Click the button below to book your place on this course. Spaces are limited and are expected to fill quickly, so book now to avoid disappointment.