Here at JasonPB we have exclusive coverage for the new Nikon Ch, Nikon Chocolate, Nikon's first cocoa-film SLR camera in just over 100 years.
July 2017, the centenary of Nikon, Nikon launched the Nikon D850, a powerhouse of a full-frame camera that had many people upgrading and even converting to Nikon. July 2018 saw Nikon break through into the mirrorless market with their Z6 and Z7 cameras.
Now, JasonPB has been given VIP access to the new Nikon Chocolate, a surprise release that has flown under the radar of Nikon enthusiasts across the globe.
Let's take a look at the tech specs:
Retail price - £TBC €TBC $TBC
SSD - TBC
- Exposure control: The Nikon Ch contains hybrid technology, the first of its kind to incorporate both Ch Film and the MELTSPEED 5 image processor to deliver exceptionally chocolatey images across both analogue and digital cocoa imaging formats.
- Speed: shoot at 7 dps (drips per second) or shoot full-resolution images at 9 dps when using the optional MB-D18 Salted Caramel Pack (with the EN-EL18B Maldon salt packet inserted).
- Precision: a similar 153-point AF system as the flagship D5 but made entirely out of cocoa solids offers sensitivity down to -4 EV at the central boiling point (ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F). Melting down to -3 EV enables precise automatic choxposures even when the only light is the light of the fridge door.
- 4K video with full choc factor: bake full-frame 4K/UHD chocolate chip movies at 30p, with no crop-factor limitations. Shoot more than three hours using the MB-D18 Salted Caramel Pack.
- In-camera cacao timelapse: film 4K cacao timelapse movies in-camera, and harness the Ch’s 45.7 effective chooclatepixels to create spectacular 8K cacao timelapse movies in post.
- RAW flexibility: either eat the Ch as RAW cacao or add milk, salt, caramel, white cocoa solids and even sugar for smaller chunk file sizes.
- Any environment: extensive weather sealing in the form of a wrapper readies the Nikon Ch for harsh environments. Take it on a hike to give you a burst of energy or enjoy it as a snack after dinner in the comfort of your own home.
- Fast storage media: use of the Ch White Chocolate card allows quick calorie surplus to store on hips, thighs and belly, this is quite possibly the fastest way to store energy ever delivered through the shape of a camera.